Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nice Shiner

Yesterday was one of those crazy days. Well Keyne loves to make days crazy. This one was actually pretty scary. Keyne's a climber, always has been. Well while we were in the boys' room he decided that he wanted to climb up on their dresser. The whole thing just fell, right on top of him. I immediately grabbed him and tended to his needs. He was screaming and I saw that he had hurt his little finger. It was already bruised and bleeding, so I tried to get it to stop bleeding. I put a bandaid on it (he hates them!) and then started to check him out to see if there was anything else. To my surprise, his eye was bleeding! I finally him to just calm down and held him for about 45 minutes and then he fell asleep from all the pain. I was really nervous that his finger was broken, it was swollen and you could tell it really hurt because he didn't complain about his eye at all. After about 1 1/2 hours, he finally started acting normal again. He seems to be fine now, he uses his hand, he's just really careful about it. Poor guy! I just felt so bad for him. Here are a few pictures of his injuries.
His little finger
His eye yesterday
His eye today, it's much more swollen today than it was yesterday.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Poor little guy! I'm always terrified that something like that will happen! He is SO big! An I can't believe Tasyn is 6 months! Hope all is well :)

Kimberly said...

Wow! How scary! I'm so glad it wasn't worse than it was! He looks like a tough little guy!