Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The big 3-0

Today is Terry's birthday!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRY!!!!

It being his 30th, I tried really hard to make it a fun day for him. For Father's day, I gave him a GPS. He has been wanting on for a long time but I just didn't think that he needed one. He already has a woman's voice telling him where to go and turn when he's driving, he doesn't need another one. But then when we went to Colorado Springs and he had to ask me when the turn for the hotel was coming up (every time), I realized that I won't always be in the car. So I got him one.

So today, I had him go on a GPS scavenger hunt. I gave him an address and that's it. He went to four different locations, each one he picked up a present and an envelope with an address. He took the boys along and had a good time. It was great for me because Tasyn napped and I just got some peace and quiet (that was the plan the whole time :D). They all got back and we opened presents, including 30 of some of his favorite foods: Coke Zero, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Honey & Oats granola bars.

For dinner, I just gave him the address of the restaurant and the babysitter. It was a fun day and I hope that Terry enjoyed it!

Here are his cupcakes with all 30 candles

The boys all helped blow them out. Keyne liked to blow the candles out while we were lighting them.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! What a fun idea! I hope he loved it :)

Matt and Jess said...

That is a really cute birthday idea! I bet he will always remember that one!