Saturday, February 26, 2011

How did I get to be 27?

Yesterday was my 27th birthday. I really don't feel like I'm 27, but I am. I wasn't super excited about this birthday because it's hard having it during tax season. All I wanted was a day off from my job but I knew that that wasn't going to happen. So instead of getting the day off, I just didn't do anything productive the whole day. I did exactly what I wanted to do. I didn't clean or cook. I spent a whole lot of time on the computer and in my craft room. The kids watched several movies. The best part, I didn't feel guilty one bit!! Several times Kanyon told me that I was supposed to do fun things on my birthday and not just be on the computer :).

Several people made me feel really special. My good friend Danielle wrote this post for me and it really just made me feel so good! It was her birthday yesterday also, and she did that for me instead of thinking of herself, just so sweet! So thank you Danielle!
My mom sent me a very sweet letter that really just made me feel good. I've been struggling this past week with just being lonely and it really helped, so thank you Mom!

The boys were so sweet yesterday. They kept on telling me "Happy Birthday" all day long and for the most part were really good. I don't think I had to yell at any of them yesterday, so that was a great gift for them!

My sweet friend Jen took the boys so Terry and I could go out to eat and that was nice. Then we had cake and presents over at her house! Which was really nice because I didn't have to clean my house! Thank you Jen and Terry!

I even got some flowers and chocolate from another friend, thanks Deja!

This year for my birthday, I'm trying to focus on myself. I got a haircut this week, got some awesome red boots and then made these two things:

A skirt made out of tablecloth
And a maternity dress that I redid, I took it in, changed the sleeves and added the "belt"
Today I'm going to go shopping and buy something for myself. Hopefully I find something good!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you get to focus on yourself a bit. Your dresses look great! I can't believe the first one is a tablecloth! I'm sorry Terry has to be gone so much for his job. I hate it when Josh is gone to much! At least you have sweet boys that can actually talk and keep you company. I tell myself being 27 is just like being 26. It's just a little more saggy, more wrinkly, the extra calories show a little more, and let's face it, it just sounds WAY older!

Matt and Jess said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad that you got to do 'you things'. Way good job on the dresses, those are darling!!