Thursday, July 14, 2011

What we've been up to

This has been a crazy summer, we have been so busy! There were some days that I would do something and when I finished it, I would immediately start on something else. We've been doing a ton of things to our house, to get it ready to sell.

So this is what our summer has looked like.

In the beginning of June, we decided to tackle and finish painting all of the doors and door trim white. We started this in April of 2009 and just finally finished painting all of our trim and doors white. It took forever. I spent the week just painting and painting. I'm pretty sure that I put in about 30 hours of painting in just one week and that doesn't include what Terry did. But it's done and our house looks a ton brighter!!

The following week we decided to do a garage sale. So I spent the week cleaning and organizing and getting rid of a ton. The garage sale was a success! We made about $375 and were able to sell a ton of big things, including our piano, a few chairs, a cabinet and more.

The following week I did touch up paint in the whole house. I just went from room to room and did touch up. Oh and we had Terry's birthday in there at one point :). At the end of the week we went to Boise for 10 days. Can you see why we needed a break?

We got back from Boise and the next day I spent painting our living room. It's a big room and took awhile. We had a hole in the wall and we patched it up but then couldn't get the same color paint because our Home Depot is horrible about color matching, so I painted the whole thing. This was on July 4th.... what a great way to celebrate the holiday.

Then this past weekend, I spent the day shampooing our carpets. Terry has been fixing lots of things on the house and working outside too. We have been doing things non stop since June!! I'm exhausted! The poor kids have been neglected this summer! They have been playing a lot of Halo and watching a ton of tv. Hopefully in the end we can sell the house and then it will all be worth it!

1 comment:

Matt and Jess said...

Wow, so busy!! Hope it sells fast for you!!