Well we have made it to Utah and are starting to get settled. We left Monday afternoon, right after we closed on our house. Then we drove to Denver that night. On Tuesday morning we went to the Aquarium in downtown Denver. It was a lot of fun! The kids had a blast looking at all of the different fish.


They even got to pet sting rays at the end.

Here is the bottom of some kind of ray, pretty cool and creepy!

The shark tank was cool too. Here there are two kinds. The saw shark on the bottom was our favorite!

We then went on and saw Terry's sister Chelsea and her husband Tommy in Laramie for lunch. We ended the day at Rock Springs. On Wednesday we met up with my sister Marni. She just recently moved to RS and it was great seeing her! We went to the park and met up with my good friend Beaner from high school. It was so great to be back in RS and to talk about growing up there and all.
Wednesday evening we arrived to our new house in Utah. Terry picked out this house when he was out here in July. So I had never even seen it. There were some interesting things that I didn't expect, that's for sure!! That evening Terry's sister Ashley and her family came up with dinner and hung out. It is so great to be closer to family and friends!!


We have enjoyed Utah so fun. We are loving the cooler weather and the views. The shopping is great too. I just have to learn how to control myself! My parents came down on Thursday and were a huge help with unpacking and moving things into the house. The kids loved having their grandparents around to play with.
One day we were busy unpacking and Keyne decided to wander off. I'm not sure how long he was gone, but he followed the boys to Kanyon's school. They came back but he didn't. Someone took him to the office and a custodian saw me looking and told me where he was. It was very scary and since then we have made sure we know where Keyne is at all times!!
We have met several of our neighbors and they all seem to be very nice! Several have come over and given us food to welcome us to the neighborhood. There are a ton of little kids on our block. We are not used to it at all, but are loving it! Our ward is very nice too. It's nice to go and not have a calling for awhile :)
Overall Utah has been good to us. We are getting more and more settled. We have so much stuff that I don't know what to do with it all. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have found a place for everything, hopefully......
5 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you made it! I'm glad it's been good so far too! I want to see your surprises in your new house...
Yay! I'm glad you guys are doing good already. I'm glad it's been such a positive experience so far. I'm sure it will just keep getting better. We miss you though!!
Yay, I'm glad you made it!! I hope that you get settled quickly and like it more and more every day!
Glad to hear you arrived and that everything is going better than anticipated. We miss you--especially seeing you picking up the boys at school. sigh!
We're so glad that you made it, and I hope you are enjoying your new house. I hope that the "surprises" weren't leaks in your ceiling or under your air condition like our surprises were.
And that must've been horrible to have Keyne wander off. That'd give me nightmares for weeks. We're all glad that he is safe.
Congrats on your new house. We're all excited to see pics!
Post a Comment