It's never a good feeling to wake up with the wind blowing so hard that you feel like your house is going to blow over. I was woken up by Kanyon because he couldn't sleep because it was so loud. I couldn't go back to sleep, the wind was just awful. I've lived in Wyoming and Kansas so I am used to wind, but I have never been in a storm that did this much damage!
As I laid in bed, I heard a huge crack. I looked out my bedroom window and saw that our huge tree had lost a branch. I was devastated, I loved that tree. So I got up and went on with our normal morning. I was debating to send Kanyon to school. As I was taking pictures of the tree, I turned and in the corner of my eye I saw another branch fall down. Kanyon and Tyce watched the whole thing! I was shocked but at the same time really nervous because my Kanyon's school is behind us and I was worried that another branch would fall into the parking lot. Luckily it didn't. I didn't send Kanyon or Tycce to school and we just hung out at the house, listening to the wind. We were lucky, I heard in Centerville there will be without power for 48 hours! I'm so grateful that my family is safe!
Here are some pictures of the damage of the wind storm
Two branches broken off of our huge trade. I guess we won't have anymore shade in the summer :(
The wind blew in our garage door.
It's about a foot in....
Our gate and garbage blew down.
Our side fence (our neighbor's backyard fence) is completely gone
We walked down a few houses, just to see. There are shingles everywhere.
Trees are down all over
This tree just shocked me, the thing is massive and it fell down, roots and all!
It's still pretty crazy. You know when you look at something and it hasn't hit you yet. It's going to be a long weekend.
3 comments:
That is nuts!!! I'm glad you guys are safe!! Can you believe this wind? Way worse than anything I've ever seen!
This was a crazy storm!!! We were pretty lucky. We mostly lost fence and a LOT of shingles. It could've been worse for us. It's kind of scary that wind can be that powerful.
Wow! I'm so glad that no one was hurt! Good luck getting every thing cleaned up!
Post a Comment