Thursday, April 12, 2012

I needed a change

Do you remember back a few weeks ago when I said that I didn't like my smile?  Well I decided to do something about it!


Photobucket
Yup, I got braces today.  

I have wanted braces for a very long time.  When I first married Terry I told him that and he said that when we have the insurance and the money to do it, I could get them.  Well we finally have good dental insurance and I'm going to work really hard on my craft blog so I can pay for them.  So I did it.  And I'm super excited about it!!  I'm going to have to get used to them and get used to how I look in them.  I'm going to have to figure out how to smile for a camera again too.

After talking to my friend Emily who worked in an orthodontist office, I decided to go with the Damon System, not the traditional braces.  They are a little more expensive but they work faster and you don't have to get them tightened, you just get a new thicker wire.  Plus, they widen the arch of your teeth, giving you a fuller smile.  

I can't wait to see the results in 18 months :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That's awesome! 18 months isn't bad at all.

Mandy said...

You look cute! I'm jealous, actually. I've never had braces and I wish I did. I've been begging for them since we got married and Spencer doesn't want to pay for them. I finally gave it up until I saw you with yours :)

Matt and Jess said...

Cool! That's nice you were able to do something for yourself!