Sunday, July 29, 2012

The month of July update

So life is super crazy right now and I haven't had time to update this blog.  So I thought that I would give everyone a big, long update for the month of July instead of breaking it up.  We have done a TON this month and have been constantly busy, so it's going to have lot of fun pictures :)


The month of July started with a bang!  Kori and Tammy came and visited!  I was great seeing Kori and her family again because it has been too long since we last saw her (I think 3 years ago!!).

One day we went down to SLC and showed them temple square and city creek.  While I was there, I did the noon show for KSL and showed how I made these fireworks shirts.  I never got a link to it, so I'm assuming it never went online.


All the kids had fun together.  Look at how cute they all are holding hands!

For the 4th of July, we went to the Layton parade.  The floats were amazing!!
All of the kids in their shirts.  
By after noon Tammy and her family met up with us and we had a BBQ and then went and watched the fireworks in Kaysville, it was so much fun!  Tasyn said "ooooh" and "ahhhh" every time the fireworks went off!

They next day it decided to rain (first time in 2 months).  But we got over it and still went to Lagoon!  It rained for the first part of the day.  The kids were miserable, we were wet and miserable.  Then we went out for lunch and it finally cleared up and we had a blast!!!  It was so awesome!  I was so impressed with the kiddie land rides, my kids loved them!!  Kanyon got to go on his first real coaster, Wicked!  He had fun and even went again with Terry and me.  
Tyce and Eleni actally got to go on a fun coaster, that your feet hang down!  They loved every ride that they could go on!
Tasyn got to go on her first coaster and loved it.  She got really mad when we couldn't go on all the rides, so we took her on a dragon ride that went super fast in a circle.  Her favorite ride, Terrys' not so much.
Keyne loved all of the rides he could go on!!  There were just a few that he couldn't do.  This little roaster was his favorite and he had a blast!!
The following day, Kori and her kids headed home to Boise and then Tammy and our family headed to RS for my 10 year reunion (not sure how it's been 10 years already).  I didn't take any pictures of the reunion, but I got some awesome ones of ice blocking at Blairtown before the reunion!






After Tammy and Lamar left, we got the official letter and offer and made the move to Nebraska official.  August 20th is when we will be moving.
So then we decided to buy a new van.  2005 XLE Limited Sienna with AWD, it's awesome!!


The next day, I went to EVO, a blogger conference in Park City.
And it was awesome!!!  I learned some great things and got some awesome stuff!

My favorite part of the conference was the Lowes challenge.  We got 1 1/2 hours, a bucket of supplies and got to create whatever we wanted.  We came up with this awesome bookshelf!  I really liked it and took home and plan on putting it in my bedroom or craft room.  On top of that, we took 3rd place and won a gift card, yay!


We got a pass to go to Park City with the kids, so I got to go with the boys down the Alpine Slide! 

Finally, things started to die down and a little bit and we have had time to pack, clean, hang out with friends and attempt to sell a car.

In the time that we were in Utah, I had the goal of going on a show called Studio 5.  Well I did it this week!!
I showed how I did these 5 refashions!

If you want to take a look, you can check out the video here!!

It's been a crazy month and it's just going to get crazier has we get ready to move!  So you might not hear from me for another month again.....

No comments: