Before I start on this update, I just want to warn you that I'm a little grumpy today and I'm fed up. I'm so ready to not be pregnant.... But here is the update:
I am currently 36 weeks. This picture was on Easter at 35 weeks.

Up until last week, the baby was breech. Luckily the baby flipped and is still head down. Woot woot! I was so stressed out about a breech baby, mostly because living 2 hours away from the hospital and going into labor with a breech baby didn't sound fun. Plus the whole c section thing and the recovery of it. I don't have time for a long recovery. We are doing Kanyon's baptism 2 weeks after the baby is born... well when I'm hoping he is born. Plus the idea of being in a hospital for 3 days, 2 hours away from my family and friends sounded awful. I get major anxiety in the hospital. So I'm very glad that the baby flipped. I am dilated to a 1 and 25% effaced, pretty normal for me.
Ever since the beginning of December, every time I went to the doctor's office I came out feeling like crap. Because I always left with bad news. First it was that he was boy and that I had placenta previa. Then when the placenta got taken care of, he was breech. Finally last week, I left feeling good and excited about having a baby. And for the first time I actually felt like that I was going to have healthy baby.
Well yesterday I went to the doctor's and got another ultrasound and monitored. Why do you ask, because the baby is measuring small. Even though I have told them that I have SMALL babies and that is normal for me, they still make me do it. It's getting a little annoying. Yesterday was the worse, I had an ultrasound and everything looked good. He was moving and they even saw him breathing. Heart rate was at 139. The baby was measuring small (of course, he's not going to be gaining 2 pounds in a week) and so they decided to put me on the monitor. Well the baby feel asleep and so there was no movement. I sat on the thing for an hour. The heart rate stayed around 120 and there was no movement. My poor kids were so bored I had to just sit there. Not sure why they even had me on the monitor, the baby was moving just fine, there was no sign or anything abnormal.
I'm just so annoyed with the clinic that I go to, it's like they don't even listen to me. They told me that I needed to come back on Thursday to get on the monitor again and I told them that is not happening. We are in a snow storm, plus I live 2 hours away.
So I am 36 weeks along and I have yet to see a doctor for an appointment. I have just seen the nurse practioners. They are nice and all but I would like to meet and talk to the people that are actually going to be delivering my baby. And to top things off, this morning I called them to see what the results of the strep B test were from last week and they turned out to be positive. Probably would have been so good information to have and something that they should have told me yesterday. So yeah, I'm really sick of the clinic that I go to. I'm really ready to just have a baby and not be pregnant anymore!
1 comment:
How frustrating Kaysi! I'm sorry they are being so annoying for you. I'm excited for you to have your sweet little boy in just a couple more weeks! :)
Post a Comment