Friday, June 11, 2010

Roofing

We spent the past week re-roofing our house. Two years ago we had really bad hail storms that totaled our roof, so we had to replace it. We have been dreading this for two long years. Well we have until July to do it, so we did it.

WOW what a project!!! We knew it was going to be long and hard, but it always seems longer and harder than you expected. Terry started Friday night and has been on the roof every spare minute until last night, when he finally finished it up.

One thing that we didn't really expect is that no one would show up to help. We thought that we would get 6-7 guys to help out (at once) but instead we got 2. So that definitely made it a lot tougher and longer. As the week went on we did get a little bit more help and that was nice. Poor spent hours and hours on that roof. He's amazing for just doing it, I think I would have given up half way through. Next time, we will call a company to do it because we're not going through this again!!


4 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

That is a project! I hope you weren't up there preggo! You'll need a good butt kicking!!! LOL!

Matt and Jess said...

That's the worst!! Roofing is so much harder than a lot of people think, I'm sorry you guys didn't have very much help. If I lived by you, I'd have made my husband come help!

Kimberly said...

Glad you made it though!! Looks great!

Kori said...

Wow. Seriously. Wow.