Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Colorado Springs

This past weekend we went on vacation for Colorado Springs. We always take a three day weekend to celebrate tax season being over!! We had a really good time. Sadly the weather wasn't great, so we didn't get to do as much outdoors as we would have liked. We did make it to the Garden of the Gods for a little bit on Saturday, before it started snowing....



We went swimming at the hotel a lot and shopping and ate out and just had fun!! The favorite thing for the kids was going to Chuck E Cheese's. We went there twice!! We had dinner once and then just played the games the next night. The boys had a blast!! Keyne was in heaven and knew exactly what to do with the money :).

We went shopping a little bit, I don't know what has happened to me but I get overwhelmed by shopping. I didn't even really look much for me or really for anyone. We all just have so many clothes that I didn't feel like we needed any more. I even went to a few craft stores by myself and got so overwhelmed that I didn't even buy anything! I don't know what has happened to me!

It was really nice to get out of the house and away from life for a little bit. The hotel didn't have wifi and that was nice to just get away from the internet a little bit, I'm on it too much anyway! It was a lot of fun to just play with the kids and have fun. It's always an adventure in the hotel, sleeping with all four kids. One kid would wake up and wake up someone else, so Terry and I didn't get much sleep. But it was still fun! I was glad to sleep in my own bed when we got home though!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like fun..minus the snow. On our last trip to Denver we finally broke down and booked two adjoining rooms. (Thank you priceline!!)We didn't have to hide kids. It was so AWESOME!!!

Danielle said...

Hey! Good for you guys to get away! I'm so glad tax season is over! I guess you get to have your husband back. I often get overwhelmed in stores and end up buying nothing myself. I find it hard when I don't want to buy anything that's not on sale and there's too much to choose from. It's hard if I don't have a specific want in mind too.

Matt and Jess said...

You guys are the cutest parents! I bet your kids had the best time on your trip, and I'm so glad for you that tax season is over! I love what you guys did to you bathroom, it looks gorgeous!

Dennis said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We used to visit those same hills when we lived in Denver. Interested in spending the weekend in KC? We're going to Worlds of Fun (with Brazen and Jace) all day Saturday?