Monday, August 1, 2011

One of "those" days

Today has been one of "those" days. You know, when you just want to scream and cry and hide all at the same time.

While Terry was gone, I sold his car. We loved that car, just not the gas mileage. It was a V6, so we were lucky to get 20 mpg with it. So we sold it last week. Well with him being home again, we needed to get him a car because he's going to be working at a feed lot 30 minutes away. So we found a little car. So this morning I was on the phone with the seller, back and forth. Finally after calling about 10 times, we got things figured out. That took up most of my morning.

Then I had to get insurance on the car, so I did that. Then I had to do another thing on the phone. Lately I have been on the phone for two hours or so, talking to ten different people.

I finally got things figured out and so I decided to start packing up some boxes. Got about 8 boxes packed and then it was time for lunch. I thought that I put the Sharpie that I was labeling all of the boxes with away, but not high enough I guess. Keyne got to it. He drew all over the walls, doors and carpet. Right then I was about to lose it. But I kept it together, cleaned up the carpet mess. I had other things that I had to do.

Then this afternoon I met with the seller of the car to finalize everything. We just bought a car last year, so I really thought that I had everything that we needed to get a temporary tag for the car. Got to the office, stood in line with the four kids for 20 minutes. Got up to the counter and learned that we had filled out the wrong bill of sale. I hate that place, every time I go they tell me I'm missing something and I have to go and wait in line again. So I had to chase down the seller and get him to sign another thing and then go back to get the tags. Luckily this time, we had everything.

Sadly, days like this seem more normal than I would hope for. I feel like I'm constantly on the phone trying to figure things out. I'm hoping that one of these days, my life won't be as crazy.

No comments: