Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ward Camp Out

This weekend we went to our ward camp out down in Ogden (yes in the middle of the city!).  

I'm not a big camper.  I definitely don't love it.  I like the outdoors and hiking and things like that, but when it comes to sleeping outside, I do not like it.  I just don't sleep well when I go camping.  I don't sleep well anywhere but my house, even in hotels or at grandma and grandpa's house, I just don't sleep well.  So of course I'm not going to sleep well on the ground in the cold.  

The last time I went camping (Terry has taken Kanyon and Tyce without me) was 6 years ago, for a ward camp out in Laramie.  It did not turn out well.  Kanyon was about 16 months old and I was pregnant with Tyce.  We didn't sleep at all because we were cold and Kanyon was screaming.  So we ended up packing everything up at 3:00am and driving home.  

I went into the camp out having one goal, making it to breakfast in the morning!  I knew that it wasn't going to be easy, but that was my goal.  Well we did it!!  Terry and I didn't get much sleep at all, but we lasted the night.  The kids had fun and so maybe I'll try camping a couple more times this summer.  

Here are some pictures from it:

The kids had fun playing in the river.  They got in but not super wet.



Tasyn loves the water and just wants to walk right into it.
No, this is not our tent :) The campground had a little fort and teepees to that can go check out. 
These two had problems in the night.  Tyce woke up and said that he wanted to go home.  Tasyn was up from 4:00am to about 6:30am, just not wanting to go to sleep.  At least they were both quiet, just awake.  So Terry and I had to be awake.  They finally fell asleep around 6:30 and slept hard until we had to wake them up.  

2 comments:

The Merkleys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Merkleys said...

Camping with babies is horrible! I do not blame you for not going often. I can see it getting more fun when kids are older! I am the same way when comes to sleeping outside.