Friday, May 17, 2013

Kanyon's Baptism

This past weekend we had Kanyon's baptism.  He has been so excited about getting baptized for awhile!  He even bore his testimony this month and mentioned that he was going to be baptized three times in it.  I'm so proud of him and so glad that he made the decision to get baptized and be a member of the church. 

 Here are some pictures to capture his special day.
He looks so grown up in his new suit and CTR tie.

The whole family 

We are so proud of our Kanyon!!

We were planning on having the baptism in Alliance (a town 45 minutes away from our house) but when we mentioned that, several people said that they had other things going on and might not make it.  Then someone suggested doing it in a stock tank at our building, it's closer for everyone and more people would be able to make it.  So that's what we did.  

Kanyon was so excited about it!  It makes for good story too!  The kids were excited too, they couldn't keep their hands out of the water.  


It was a nice baptism, the talks, the music, everything turned out great.  It was so nice to have it at our own building, it made it much more personal to us.  Terry's dad did the talk on baptism and my mom did the talk on the Holy Ghost.  Then we had a picture slideshow of Kanyon while he was getting dressed.  

Another perk of having it in a stock tank is that I could take before and after pictures :).  The water was cold (more like luke warm).  I'm so glad that I didn't have to go in.  

Kanyon and Terry did great!  Only had to do it once.  Kanyon was so calm under the water.  They are pros.  

We had dessert at the church afterwards and just visited with everyone.  Both sets of grandparents were able to make it and I'm so glad that they did!  I really wanted to make this day special for Kanyon and make him see what a great decision he is making. 


It was such a great day! Everything worked out so well!

No comments: