Friday, October 16, 2009

Cabin Fever


Last week I got to go to one of those vinyl stickers party. It was a lot of fun and they are so many cute things. I have always wanted to make a sign with Gardner on it with families are forever across it. So I was so excited that I was finally going to be able to have it. Well I learned that it was going to cost $30 just for the letters and I wanted to put it on some kind
of cute board. Being the cheap person that I am, I decided that I could do a lot with $30 and I could make my own decorations. Despite the fact that both Terry and I were not well, we took the hour drive and went to Hobby Lobby last weekend (I had a get things for the boys' Halloween costumes). It about killed us both off, but I was able to get a few things to start a couple of projects.

Since I wasn't feeling well and we really couldn't go anywhere, I was stuck in the house for about a week and got antsy. I didn't have energy to clean or really move, but I could sit in one spot and work on something. I made Keyne's Halloween costume and then I made these things to add a little bit of color to the house. They turned out okay, nothing special. I do have some more plans to make a sign that says Gardner and families
are forever, and another plan for some pictures, but that involves painting a wall red and I didn't have enough energy to do that.

This one is in our kitchen
This one is in our entry way



If you can't tell, I'm really having fun decorating my house and it's about the only thing that I can think about right now, so I decided to get an area rug to complete my living room, I'm pretty excited about it!

2 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

We love the vinyl lettering too! My mom actually found a woman on Ebay who sells phrases and I think she'll do personalized things too! We have several phrases throughout the house and I love them! Let me know and I could find out about this woman for you! But I think you're projects turned out so cute! You are super talented!

Pat Newton said...

I'm jealous! What fun projects. All I can do is go to garage sales and find something to decorate with. Found a perpetual calendar board last week that I'm painting with magnetic paint then chalkboard spray and making a big bulletin board. Don't know where we'll put it.....