Lately I am constantly singing kids songs. I go to bed singing "You've got to jump, shake, shimmy them out..." (it's from Yo Gabba Gabba). Or whenever I have a conversation with another mom that is longer than 10 minutes, the word "poop" comes up at least once. I was an educated person, but now if anyone talks to me about something that is "educated" I just feel so out of my comfort zone.
I used to be a very strong, motivated person. I never quit or gave in. I have given in so many times in the past couple of months, it's sad. For example, Keyne still has a binky. I have wanted to get rid of it so many times, but I'm just not strong enough to deal with it and now he has it all the time. He used to only use it at night. Then weight watchers and my weight. I was only able to do it for two weeks. After each pregnancy I have been able to get to my normal weight by three months. That's two weeks away and I'm still 12 pounds away.
Does anyone have any suggestions on things to do that will make me feel more like myself? Maybe I'm just writing this because for the past 11 days I have been sick, with strep throat and now Mastitis, so I really don't feel like myself. Does it get better as your kids get older? I just want to have a personality again, that's all.
6 comments:
I felt this way - especially when B was tiny. The best thing for me was to get out of the house! I know that is so hard...and I can't imagine doing it with four kids.
When the weather is nicer, if you'd like to get out of Garden we have a really great play area at our park and I'd love to meet up with you!
I don't know if I have any answers for you, but I will say that I know how you feel and I have felt better as B gets older.
PS I think the big killer for me was the sleep deprivation. That hasn't gotten any better, but my body seems to have gotten used to it.
Kays, have you ever had had post-partum depression with any of your kids? It's not that uncommon...I had it with all of mine! Especially with the hours Terry is working and the weather and being trapped inside a lot! You might have a touch of depression. Please keep an eye on your symptoms and let your doctor know how you are feeling. I went on anti-depressants after Brianna was born for a few months and they helped a lot!!! Brought back my motivation, my energy, I slept better, I ate better...
Take care of yourself momma!
Kaysi...I totally feel the same way. I think of nothing but working (I work at home) and keeping my kids occupied.
I have worked outside of our home since Bryce was 1 and I find that when I am home and not working...I am sitting at the computer doing absolutely nothing. I sometimes just want to go back to bed and just sit there.
After I had Dane, I lost all the weight I had gained (17 pounds) plus 10 pounds and I have gained 20 of it back.
Just know you are not along in the struggle to fell less "mommy" for lack of a better word.
I don't have any suggestions, but just know you are not alone!
You poor mommy! I hope you know I can totally relate. We are in the SAME boat. Four very young children. I'll tell you what helps me. Once a week, girls night! No joke. I was feeling the exact same. I know Terry is probably too busy right now, but I bet you could organize something at yor house after the kiddos are in bed. I'll write you more in a fb message. Hang in there.
Two words: BE SELFISH. I know it is impossible for Moms to understand but you need to find that thing that motivates, relaxes, and entertains you and escape from your kids. Be Kaysi again, and not just Kanyon's Mom. Have conversations without mentioning your kids even once. Be selfish and you'll find yourself again.
Don't worry Kaysi, it will get better. Take some time to do something that you want to do, not need to do. Do it at night when your kiddos are asleep since Terry works long hours. Also, if you ever want to try, St. John's Wort is an herbal supplement that might help. You can get it almost anywhere I think. You are such a good mom and wife Kays!
Post a Comment