Friday, October 23, 2009

Nothing too exciting

Nothing too exciting has been happening here lately, well except that I have spent the whole week painting, taking off baseboards and then putting them back on. I wasn't going to paint our basement for awhile and just take a break but I was reading a blog that inspired me to do it (thanks a lot Anna :D). So the painting began. Tuesday was my crazy day, I put on three coats of paint on the trim and then painted all of the basement (put on the second coat at 4:00am the following morning). Then last night we finally put on the trim. So now all I have left are the doors and trim around the doors and we are done, with the entire house!! We started this mess in April and the end is so close. Hopefully sometime in November we will be done (well we have a couple of touch ups). I'm so glad that we are getting it done now because after Halloween, life gets crazy here. In the next 5 months we have 4 birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and tax season. So now I can stop thinking about my house and start being a better mom to my kids and focus on them!!

Here are a couple preview pictures

This is the only door we have finished so it shows how it is going to look at the end. I love the tan, much better than the white on white that we had before

Our back wall is now this bright red. It is a little dark and bold but I really like it. It just makes the room pop and that's what it needed. So here are the two colors together.

3 comments:

Katy said...

wow, you're amazing, how do you do it with three boys!!?? way to go, your home looks awesome, i'm super impressed! your boys are so sooooo cute too!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, hello there! Good to see you guys!

Pat Newton said...

That looks really good!!! I need a project--something that isn't sitting down--I'm getting fat!