Monday, April 19, 2010

Texas

This weekend we headed to Amarillo Texas. It was lot of fun! This was actually the first ever vacation that we have taken as a family (not going to see family). The boys had a blast! Too bad the weather wasn't great or we would have done a lot more. Friday we went shopping! I haven't gone to a mall or a Ross for 2 years!! I realized that I'm totally out of style, all the styles out there are not my taste at all. I'm getting old! The highlight of the day: Chuck E Cheese's. I love that place! We all had a blast.

The roller coaster ride, I got on it a couple of times. This is the closest I've been to a roller coaster for 7 years!
One thing that was awesome was the great rides. Rides like this would have been well over $1, but only $.25 here. The boys loved it!
Keyne enjoying the fun rides
Keyne playing Skee-ball
The boys got to go swimming a lot at the hotel. We stayed at a pretty shady hotel, there were areas in the lobby that you could smoke, it was awful! But the boys still enjoyed it.

It's never fun sleeping in a hotel. Poor Keyne had croup and so he was up a lot. The first night was the worse, he was up for 2 or 3 hours straight and the next night he was up every 45 minutes. Luckily the other boys slept through it and Terry and I took shifts.

This was the first time that I had ever been in Texas. Driving there is definitely different. They actually have lanes made just for U-turns. I thought that was pretty cool, once we figured them out! We did go to a canyon state park near by but it was cold and because of the rain most of it was closed. It looked like a really fun place to go to.

The weekend was actually pretty laid back, it was nice to be together as a family!

4 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

Looks like fun! U-turn lanes, yes we were introduced to those in California. Very interesting!

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you got to spend some quality time with your family! Looks like great fun :)

Joe and Cassie said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Your kids are getting so big!!

Kori said...

Good for you guys, Kaysi! And I'm really sorry about the hotel experience. Ug. That sounds horrible!