Thursday, May 13, 2010

How does your garden grow?

The first year that we moved here, we were so excited to be able to plant a garden. When you leave in an apartment, you don't have many options. So we planted everything, watered and waited. We just kept on waiting and waiting. Nothing grew. We soon found out the place that we planted (the only place in our back yard) didn't get enough sun. It was in a corner and there was no grass.

So the next summer, we decided to fill up the corner where we tried to grow with grass and that was it for that summer.

Well we wanted to have a garden this year. We noticed that the grass on the side of our house gets sun ALL day long and the grass wasn't very pretty. So we just dug up the grass and planted there. We actually have things growing! I'm really excited. Terry and the boys have done most of the work, it's been their little project together!
Here are some radishes
I think these are peas

5 comments:

Dennis said...

There is no doubt that you are your mother's daughter.

Heidi and Robert said...

If those are peas,you'll want to have a trellis so the vines can grow up it. Looks good.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! It snowed here all day yesterday. We haven't been able to plant anything yet. I'm hoping next week???

Pat Newton said...

Good for you!! Yes those are peas. After killing a gopher today (!!) I planted 2 1/2 40' rows of onions and 3 more pepper plants. If we have nothing else, we will have potatoes and onions this year! It is so fun to see those little green things start popping through the ground!

Kori said...

How fun! I really think gardening can be a lot of fun!