Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oh the heat

It's definitely summer here in Kansas. Next week there is a day with a high of 90 and when I see that, I think "oh that sounds nice." We have had 100 degree non stop for this week. On Monday there was a high of 107, I know that it hit 104. It is just awful. All have to say is that I'm very grateful for AC and for video games. Luckily several months back I stopped feeling guilty about letting my kids watch too much tv or play games, or I would be feeling a lot of guilt!! It is the only thing that gets us through these hot days. The kids don't complain that they are bored. Hopefully we all don't melt away these next few weeks!!! :)

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Holy cow I feel ya! It's WAY hot here too. It's difficult to be outside for more than 10 minutes!

The Fischer Family said...

I agree Kaysi! We've been having that unbearable heat here too. We've been spending most of our time inside (usually until after dinner when it cools off a little and we try to let the monkeys out to run wild for a while!) I felt guilty at first about how much time the kids were spending watching TV, playing video games and on the computer, but I'm over it now :) I hope you are surviving OK!

Kori said...

We have a pool nearby, and we stay in there for 3 hours at a time often because it feels like a bath.