So you all know that I like do to crafts. Well I have never really cared for sewing, there really isn't much you can do for boys. Well then I started my craft blog and discovered that there is a ton that I could do for myself. So a couple of months back, when I was having my apron obsession, I decided to buy a sewing machine instead of borrowing a friend's. Well I went to Walmart, picked up the most basic Singer model. I took it out of the box, started to sew and it was awful!!! It sounded like it was going to break, I couldn't get the bobbin tension right. So the following day I returned it.
After talking to my Mom, she recommended a Janome. So I looked on ebay, found a used one for $100 and got it. Well I got it in the mail on Wednesday night. I took a break for scrapbooking (see craft blog for info) and tried it out. It works wonders and I love it!!!
3 comments:
I was thinking about doing this to some of my shirts! You are so brave :) They look great. And two layers are just way too hot in summer, even when your not pregnant!
I totally agree with you about the layers!! Your shirts look awesome! I love the below post about the bunk beds, that will be so fun for you boys!!
I think I have the same sewing machine you took back! It has really never worked since I got it...I am bummed now! Glad you found one that works though!!
Post a Comment