Sunday, August 1, 2010

Potty Training

These past couple of months I have been really wondering what to do with Tyce next year for school. I really wanted to do Joy School again but there wasn't enough interest from other parents and with me having a baby in November, it probably wasn't going to happen. So we decided to enroll him into a preschool on Wednesday. That night I learned that he must be completely potty trained to attend. So that meant that I had one month to potty train Tyce. He hasn't even gone potty in the toilet for over a year.

So it began. Day one was awful, we went through 5 pairs of underwear. He treated the underwear just as if it were a diaper. It was exhausting and I wanted to give up!!

Day two was a little better, but he spent most of the day naked. That seemed to help a little because he knew that he couldn't just go the bathroom on the floor. He actually told me that he needed to go potty and went, big breakthrough!

Day three (yesterday) was much better. He only had two accidents, one willing playing a game and every time he went potty, he went on his own!!

We potty train cold turkey, they just don't wear diapers anymore once we really start (well except at night but that's a different story). Tyce is doing very well though and I'm pretty excited about it!!
Isn't he so cute with big boy underwear on?!

2 comments:

Matt and Jess said...

That's great that he caught on so quickly! Hopefully he'll keep on it, and that will make it easier on you too!

The Fischer Family said...

I love how cute little boys look in big boy underwear! We potty train cold turkey around here too...no pull-ups for us! Good luck!