Monday, October 10, 2011

The Power of Prayer

This morning we were looking for a library book that was due last Monday. I should have been looking for it all week, but it just slipped my mind. Well my sweet Kanyon said, why don't say a prayer. So he went into the living room and said a quick prayer. I don't know what he asked for, but he then decided to go look in his books in his room. I then said a quick little prayer in my head and then I headed down to help him look. I knew that it wasn't there, but I still look at every book. Then we then continued to get ready for school. As he was getting his coat and backpack on, I had a feeling that it was behind the couch. And there it was. I was so glad that both of our prayers were answered. The funny thing is, I've been thinking that it was behind a couch all week, I just never looked until today. Maybe there was a lesson that needed to be taught and that's why I didn't look before, or I was just being lazy :)

Lately Kanyon has been praying more and more. One day, Terry was out on a bike ride with the three boys and the clouds started to get really dark. Kanyon and Tyce are really afraid of storms, they always think that there will be a tornado (thanks to Kansas). So he prayed that there wouldn't be a storm. I'm so grateful that Kanyon already knows that he can turn to his Heavenly Father for help and I'm so very grateful that Heavenly Father looks after him and answers his prayers!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a sweet story! It's no wonder we are to gain child-like faith!!

Mandy said...

That's so sweet! It sounds like you're teaching him well :)

The Fischer Family said...

How sweet! I've always felt that children's prayers have a very special sound to our Heavenly Father. Keep up the great work mom!