Saturday, March 3, 2012

2012 Cool Olympics

Today we had Kanyon's birthday party!  I can't believe that he is 7 years old now, he's getting so old!!!  We decided to have a Olympics party.  I was planning on having a lot of things outside but winter decided to actually show up in Utah and it snowed this week.  So we had to improvise and do more indoor games.  

There were 16 kids in our little house, it was packed and noisy and just plain crazy!  But the kids seemed to have fun and so that means it was a success!

Kanyon with his gold medal
The first game we played was balloon ping pong, we also played balloon volleyball.
Then we did horseshoes (or ring toss).  It's not an Olympic game, but it's a good indoor game to play.
Then we went to the school behind our house to do a few outdoor activities.  I just had to take a picture of Tyce and his teammate Ansley.  It was so cute to see him  make a friend :).
Outside we had our track in field events, the discus 
And then running.  We would have done more but it was too cold.  I want to do long jump too.
We came in and had cake and ice cream.  
And then presents.  We gave Kanyon an electric scooter but the scooter wasn't the box, here is all the kids looking for it.

Here's the cake.... nothing special.  But it tasted good, so that's what matter :)
And the party favor for the kids.  

I'm so glad that I'm done with birthdays for awhile.  I have Terry's in June but his isn't too much work.  

1 comment:

Danielle said...

What a great party! Where's the scooter?