Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Oh my goodness"

"Oh my goodness".  Those are the words that came out of the chiropractor while he was examining my back.  Something that you never want to hear from a doctor....

I have a bad back.  Back when I was in 9th grade, Mom and I got into a car accident and that caused us to go to the chiropractor.  Ever since then I should go once a month..... it's been three years since the last time that I went.

Ever since Tasyn was born I got a weird tingling in my right hip, down the back of my leg to my knee.  It happens every night when I lay down to go to sleep.  It was super annoying but I got used to it.  Then it started getting worse.  Then for two weeks straight I started getting severe headaches, medicine did nothing and I couldn't function.  They were migraines, but pretty close.  So finally Friday I had had enough and went to the chiropractor.

It was worse than I was expecting.  I was really out of whack.  My pelvis is tilted the wrong way, my lower back is out of line and my skull is going over my spinal cord causing the headaches and four ribs were out.  So he adjusted me and then I was on my way.


This weekend was awful, I was in a lot of pain.  On Saturday all I wanted to do was lay down and sleep.  I took a three hour nap (after a 30 minute nap on the couch).  The weather was beautiful and I had no energy to do anything.  Luckily I have an amazing husband that takes the kids so I can just rest.

I went back today.  Things have gotten a little better in my pelvis, I only had one rib out but my lower back is about the same.  It's going to take 4 to 5 appointments to get fixed.  Hopefully soon I will stop being in more pain and it will get better.  And hopefully I will get adjusted regularly so this doesn't happen again!

No comments: