Friday, March 23, 2012

The funk is going around

It seems like everyone is in a funk.  I think it's the whole I'm sick of winter and cold weather and I'm ready for spring and super nice weather.  I'm been in a huge funk lately and can't seem to get out of it.  One day I'll be great and happy and then the next day I'll be really low and down, for no good reason.  Then I notice the difference in the weather, and it totally affects my mood.  Yesterday we had sun and 70 degree weather, today we have clouds and wind.  Yesterday I was (except that I didn't feel well) and today I feel like I'm mad at the world.

I honestly don't feel like myself.  I look in the mirror and I don't recognize myself.  I smile and it isn't like the smile I had a year ago.  I don't like change and I sure miss my old self.

I haven't updated this blog very much.  It seems like my craft blog has taken over and I'm assuming that you guys don't want to hear about my crafts on this blog.  If you wanted to know about them, then you would go look at them.  Anyway, I just wanted to give you a quick update.

Kanyon and Tyce are constantly playing Mind Craft.  Their cousins introduced the game to them.  I don't know if I should thank them or not.....  :).  They wake up early in the morning, 6:30 or 7 and play before school.  It doesn't bother me because I'm still sleeping.  They love playing together though and that's nice.

Photobucket Photobucket Keyne.... oh my little Keyne.  I've actually really enjoyed Keyne lately.  He's not as crazy as he was just a couple months ago.  He finally has calmed down and hopefully the terrible twos are over.  Me and him are really bonding right now.  He's my first boy at this age that still prefers me over Terry.  He is loving school and gets excited to go.  He has even said three words to his teacher (this is huge!!).  He will sit and play the computer for an hour or so and give me a little break.  He's not constantly "on" like he was before! Photobucket Tasyn has turned into our crazy child!  She is very very very busy right now.  From this age until 3, kids are hard.  They are so busy but you can't reason with them.  She is everywhere and in everything.  She is so much fun too.  She is talking so well.  She shocked me everyday with the words that she knows.  I think she learns a new word each day!  

This hot guy is going to be taking the CPA exam soon.  He just got the stuff to study for it and plans on taking the first test in month or so.  Luckily he has time on the bus to study a little because the second he gets home he gets mauled by the kids and they don't leave him alone until they go to sleep (and that's usually around 11 or so).
Photobucket

And me..... I've been crafting a ton lately.  I go on kicks.  Sometimes I will do a lot of vinyl or heat transfer.  Then I will move on and do sewing or holiday crafts.  Right now I'm really into sewing.  I've been getting some really fun fabric and I've been trying new things.  I just finished an Easter skirt yesterday that took me 5 hours to make..... I won't be making another one like it for awhile.  Photobucket

With the spring weather, I have been doing more things with friends and setting up play dates.  That seems to be helping with my mood.  Hopefully soon I will get out of this funk and start feeling like myself again.  I hope that everyone is doing well and that if you're in this funk too, that you can get out too!!


1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm sorry things are "funky" for you right now. The weather really affects me too! My ambition and moods change from day to day. I'll keep you in my prayers! By the way, I'm going to make a clock for my sons room out of the bead board in my basement. You inspired me to do something cute with it!