Monday, October 20, 2008
Kanyon + fingers + bathroom door= 911 call
Kanyon recently had an incident where him and Tyce were downstairs playing. Tyce was in the bathroom (of course) and Kanyon was on the outside. I'm not quite sure how it happened because I was upstairs, but somehow Kanyon got his fingers stuck in the door and Tyce had opened up a drawer in the bathroom that caused the door to be stuck, we couldn't move it in any way. Poor Kanyon just wanted to get out of the door, but I had no clue what to do. I tried to get Tyce to close the door from the inside, but instead he just brushed his teeth and played in the toilet. So I tried to close the drawer with whatever I could find that would fit in the little slot. Luckily I had a friend over to help me keep me calmed down. Kanyon was so brave, he didn't cry much unless it really hurt him. We couldn't think of anything else to do, so I called 911. While we were waiting, Tyce finally tried to shut the drawer and Kanyon started screaming. His fingers were right in front of the drawer and were getting smushed even more! I almost lost it, I just felt so helpless. My poor little boy was in pain and I had no clue what to do to get him out. Kanyon didn't understand why I wasn't helping him and getting him out. Luckily the firemen came and was able to pry the door open just enough for his fingers to get out. It took a lot of effort to get them out though. He was stuck in the door for about 25 minutes! He's fingers were smushed but not broken. Kanyon tells everyone that the "doctormen" helped him and that they are his friends! That day we went to the store and bought Kanyon a little gift because we felt so bad for him!
This picture has nothing to do with the story... but I like it anyway :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor little guy. I am so glad his fingers weren't broken.
What a traumatic event! I would have freaked out for sure. I thought you were going to say you prayed and he opened the door. Good thing his fingers weren't broken.
I am glad you found my blog! Your kids are so big. How are things going? We are still getting settled a little bit. We love the weather and so not miss the snow. It was 81 degrees here today. I am glad Kanyon is OK!
I just ache for you as the Mommy and Kanyon every time I see this blog, Kaysi. Glad everything worked out okay. :(
Post a Comment