Sunday, May 3, 2009

I need suggestions

Does anyone know how to get rid of craddle cap?  Keyne has really bad and I just don't know what to do for it.  Is it bad to pick at it because I am the worst at that.  

7 comments:

Liz said...

I used Aveeno Hydrocortisone 1% cream on his little head. It worked really well for my son.

Sometimes you can rub the craddle cap with baby oil and then use a soft bristled brush to wipe off the flakes.

Don't worry...he'll grow out of it!!

Cari said...

Landon's is finally getting better and I've just been putting olive oil on it, letting it sit for about 4 or 5 minutes. Brush it with a little soft baby brush, shampoo his little head and brush it again. Also, when I picked at it (bad at that too!) it seemed to make it worse...

Jamie VanDyke said...

When Phil was little his doctor said not to bother it, that it would go away on it's own with regular cleaning. That probably doesn't help though.

Lauren and Chase said...

we used olive oil! We just rubbed in it his hair at night right before bed and then it went away in like 2 days! Your not supposed to scrub it in the bath, or with a brush, and don't use shampoo for a few days either!

Jennifer said...

I don't know where I heard this, but use some petroleum jelly, rub it on his head, let it sit for about 10 minutes and then used a very fine toothed comb and combed it very carefully sideways (not with the comb prongs straight down but almost flush with his head). Then shampoo and shampoo some more. (This sounds horrible but my kids didn't really seem to mind too much)

Unknown said...

When Evan had it, we were told to use baby oil and a soft baby brush. Just rub it on his head and then brush it. That seemed to help a lot. And no, it's not bad to pick at it. I always did b/c it drove me crazy!!!

Kimberly said...

I read through all the comments and it's so interesting to hear all the different ideas! For Taysum we were told to get some regular adult dandruff shampoo and use just a tiny bit of that. It really worked for Taysum after a few times. Good luck! I don't like it either...I always called it cradle crap...it's annoying, but it will go away...