Monday, May 25, 2009
Wow what a weekend
We had a very busy weekend. We spent all day outside on Saturday and most of the day outside today. Terry and the boys worked on taking down a dog run in our backyard and cleaning up the backyard. Then today we got some sod from a friend, so Terry dug up some bad spots in our grass and laid the sod down. He was beat by the end of it, he just crashed on the couch, in a not so comfortable position and he was out, I took a good 5 pictures and he had no clue. Whenever one of us tries to sleep on the couch, we are never alone!
While the boys were working on the yard, I found a glider rocker at a garage sale on Saturday. I have been looking for awhile now, so when Keyne moves into the nursery I will have somewhere to sit when I feed him. Well I thought this was okay, it's pretty comfortable and in good condition. I paid $25 for it (a little more than I wanted to) but I didn't realize that it smelt like smoke, yuck! I didn't let it into my house until I got the smell under control. I went through a huge bottle of febreeze and plan on doing it again soon.
I really didn't care for the look, so I spent most of the weekend working on it. I don't know what I was thinking, it took forever to do the cushion because I did it all by hand (I have three bandaids on because of blisters and poking myself). I do like how it turned out though, the bottom and back are not pretty, I didn't measure the material very well.... oops. As long as no one looks at it up close, it's looks pretty good :). Hopefully it won't fall apart anytime soon, I'm going to have to keep Tyce away, he likes to pull out the buttons. So here it is, in Keyne room where it belongs.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Nice job on the Glider...thats horrible that it smelled like smoke though. I hope it all came out.
Cute sleepy pics! The chair looks amazing! I can't believe all the stuff you do. I'm glad you had a good weekend :)
Good job on the glider! Sounds like a great weekend!
That looks great. Nice job!!
I missed this post, but I wanted to tell you that you did a great job redoing the glider. It looks great!!
Love what you did to the chair, I'm impressed!
Post a Comment