Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Name and a Blessing

Today we had Tasyn's blessing. This was our first time to not have any family with us, but it was still a great day. Tasyn looked beautiful in her dress and Terry did a great job on the blessing. The boys actually did really good during the blessing, they were pretty quiet during it so I could really listen. Tasyn slept through the whole thing. She just looked so sweet and peaceful!

I decided to make Tasyn's dress. It's not even close to perfect but at least it is unique! :) I used a pattern for the first time (still don't have any clue what some of it said). Just like recipes, I used the pattern more for a guideline. I added my own touches on the dress too.

Here are a few pictures of her big day:

The dress went about a foot past her feet, I may have made it a little too long....



My four boys
The two girls

Proud parents
One big, happy family!!!
One thing that really stuck out during the blessing was that she was blessed to have self confidence and self worth and know that she is a daughter of her Heavenly Father. That really meant a lot to me, because like a lot of women, I don't have much self confidence or self worth. I really hope that as a Mom, I can help her have these things and help her know how special she really is.

Having a daughter has really help me grow as a woman. I have been in Relief Society lessons where they say that women are God's greatest creation and that they are so dear to Him. Because the fact that I lack confidence and self esteem, I had just listened to that and never really believed it about me. But now that I have a daughter to look at and really feel her sweet spirit, I can see how special women really are!! I have more of an understanding of God's love for women because of my love for her.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

That was beautiful Kaysi. I have a hard time imagining an amazing beautiful woman like you having lack of self esteem! You and Tasyn are definitely one of gods greatest creations! The dress and pics are wonderful. I love the big family one best ;)

Kori said...

What an impressive undertaking to sew Tasyn's dress! It looks gorgeous! And often they're supposed to hang a foot past their feet, so I think it was just about perfect! Your family is simply adorable, Kaysi. I hope that you are all adjusting well. Call me sometime when you're not chasing, feeding, directing, rocking, or cleaning up after a kid.

The Fischer Family said...

I think her dress is absolutely beautiful Kaysi! Brianna's was that long too and I loved it! I still love to pull it out and look at every now and then! It really takes me back you know...especially since she's now six! You are awesome! Love ya and miss ya tons!

Pat Newton said...

Good Job Kiddoo!! on all counts--beautiful baby daughter, darling dress, cute ties on the cute boys, you and Terry look wonderful, a great blessing and great comments. You are doing so well Girl! Love ya!