17 Day Diet. That is a common phrase in my family right now. It is the diet that everyone is on to lose weight for our cruise this week. I'm against diets, I just don't want to have to eat certain things. I love sugar and I don't want to give it up.
When we went up to Boise, I started to read the book about the diet and it didn't seem too bad. So I decided that the weight isn't just going to fall off like I want it to. So I started the 17 Day Diet on Christmas Eve. A horrible time to start but I knew it was then or never.
I've been on the diet so far for about 1 1/2 weeks. It's supposed to be a rapid weight lost diet. Sadly, not for me. I've only lost 3 pounds. I'm glad to lose those 3 pounds but I was hoping for 5 or 6 by the time I went on the cruise. It just doesn't look like it going to happen, even though I have stuck with the diet and been very strict and made it through two holidays!
What is this diet you ask? Well there are 4 different cycle, all 17 days long. The first one you can only eat chicken, turkey, fish, veggies, 2 serving of fruit (before 2:00pm), 2 servings of plain yogurt (before 2:00pm) and eggs. Not eating carbs and sugar makes your body use the fat storage and breaks it down for energy. The diet hasn't been horrible, I just miss variety. I have a salad every day for lunch and chicken for dinner. Some days I have yogurt for breakfast, some days eggs. I have stuck with it, I haven't had sugar or bread for 10 days, longer than I have ever gone before (I don't think I've gone a day without it). But haven't gotten the results that I was hoping for. My family has gotten great results, most of the girls lost 9 pounds in the 17 days!
I have no clue how to lose this extra five pounds that I have. I have a diet, I am currently doing Insanity for the second time and it still doesn't want to come off. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm up for some because I just want to fit in my clothes again!! (For the first time ever I had to buy a bigger size of jeans, it was a sad day for me).
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have not done it myself but a lot of ladies in my ward swear by the HCG dies. You have to take a hormone in pill form that is supposed to help your burn "brown fat", the fat that your body stores instead of the extra stuff that easily falls off when you diet.
Google it, there is lots of info on it.
HCG diet, that is...sorry.
You also have to follow a strict diet while on it.
Okay I'm going to put in my two cents diagnosis of your problem. If you're not losing weight it's either because you are eating too many calories and not burning enough or it could also be that you are not eating enough and your body is in starvation mode. I don't know much about the 17 day diet though. The other possibilities are that there is something medically to blame. After Eli was born I lost weight and then all of a sudden it came to a grinding halt even though I was eating right and exercising. It turns out my thyroid was out of whack (which caused a few other symptoms like crazy hair loss, moodiness, and feeling EXTREMELY tired) I would suggest getting your thyroid checked with a simple blood test if you continue to restrict (within reason of course) your calories and exercise and the weight still doesn't come off. And the last suggestion is maybe you just haven't done it long enough? Three pounds is not that bad, especially considering that you didn't have a whole lot to lose. I think you look pretty great, anyway!!! Good luck and have fun!!
Post a Comment