Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Going to the zoo, zoo, zoo
We went to the zoo yesterday afternoon. I really wanted to go there before my mom went back home. It was super windy, but the weather was great! One of my favorite things about our town is that it has a zoo. How many other 30K towns can say they have one... it is just great. It helps that it's free too :). Because it's winter, sometimes the animals aren't out, but most of them were yesterday, so that was good. Too bad the giraffes weren't interested in eating (you can feed them twigs and leaves), maybe next time.
It has been awhile since we've been to the zoo, and so the boys actually liked the animals. They both got really excited when they saw them and didn't just run all over the place. Now that Keyne is in the stroller, Tyce walks and that means we don't go nearly as fast.
One of my favorite animals at the zoo are the otters. They are just so playful and fun to watch. Kanyon and Tyce love to chase them as they swim by. Our zoo has a lot of "non-traditional" animals that you don't see at every zoo.
Because our zoo is smaller, you can get really close to the animals. This a little area that the birds just fly around you. Several times a bird will fly right in front of you... it always makes me jump!
After looking at all the animals, we went to the little park and let the boys play. By the end, we all were worn out and tired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun that your zoo is open to visitors in the winter time. I know ours isn't. I'm glad it was good weather for you.
Hey, anything free sounds good to me! That's cool it's open in the winter. I hope we'll get to go to the zoo this summer. I partly had a baby so Josh would take us to do "fun" things. I now have an excuse to go to places like Disney Land, the zoo, the swimming pool, which are all places he wouldn't go with me before :) Your boys looked like they had fun. I'm glad you get to enjoy plenty of time with your mom!
That's so fun! We've taken Taysum to a little zoo in Billings and he enjoys it, too...it seems to get more fun the older he is!
Post a Comment