Monday, April 13, 2009
ER visit
It seems like if you are a mother of a boy, you will go to the ER many times. This hasn't been any different for me, lets just say that both Kanyon and Tyce have had cat scans before they turned one. Well today we had an adventure, it's always an adventure in our house. Tyce was playing with a plastic rod (for a tent) and for some reason wanted to put it in his mouth. Well he decided to climb over the chair onto the couch. Well he fell onto the rod and it went right into the roof of his mouth. He was bleeding like crazy and it was a decent sized gash, so we decided to take him in. Luckily Terry was able to take him (going to the ER with three kids just didn't seem like a good idea). They checked him and told us that he couldn't get stitches in that part of his mouth (it was pretty close to his throat) and so it just has to heal itself. I'm so glad that he didn't have to get stitches, I just worried about them trying to get into his mouth. He won't even let me look in his mouth to see if he's teething. They are going to put him on antibiotics for a couple of days to make sure it doesn't get infected. I'm glad that he's okay, I'm realizing that I need to get more educated with first aid because things always seem to happen when it's just me at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That's awful! How scary! I'm not excited for that part of motherhood. I'm glad he's okay though. could have been worse I guess.
Poor Tyce!! That is so scary! It seems like you handled it well:) I definitely need to learn first aid because I wouldn't know what to do...
Poor little guy. Glad that he is alright, and that it will heal. That is so scary, I always worry about things like that with the girls.
Yikes! I'm glad he's okay! Now, what I want to know is how in the world you have time to post new blogs almost every day? You have 3 boys all of whom are younger (aka needier) than my 2 kids and I never have time to post anymore. You're amazing Hon! Hope things get better for ya now that tax season is over in 2 days. :)
Oh my!! How scary! I hate it when things happen to my kids! I don't know about the boy thing...true Taysum has had his share of the ER over his few years, but our little monkey of a girl broke her arm...first broken bone for the kids...happened before she was one...so it might be a toss up! Hope there's a good sale on jello and popcicles!! ;)
Ha. Sounds like life with three boys is going to be fun and eventful.
Oh my goodness...that is so scarry! I'm glad he's ok. Are you going to take him to an Orthodontist?
Oh, Kaysi! Your post makes a boring, mundane day seem like paradise! I'm so sad for Tyce. Can't wait to give him a hug and a squeeze in May!
Post a Comment