Thursday, November 4, 2010

A little update

Tomorrow I will be 38 weeks pregnant. This is the longest I have ever gone in any pregnancy (I was in labor with Keyne at this time and had him at 38 weeks exactly). So I'm having a hard time still being pregnant, I'm used to having a baby by now! This week has been a really long one. I have had contraction after contraction, sometimes regular and strong but most of the time just random and semi-strong. For the past three days, I have had contractions for about 2-4 hours that we regular. strong and about 4 to 5 minutes apart. It's had not to get your hopes up when this happens and keeps happening. They would just start slowing down, but never stop. I always have some kind of contraction every 10 minutes or so. Let's just say that this has been really hard on me this week, it's just so frustrating. First off, because they are annoying and painful and second, they keep on getting up my hopes.

Today I had a doctor's appointment. I was really nervous about going because I had a couple of requests for the doctor and I was afraid that he would deny all of them. First off, I wanted him to scrape my membranes. Second, I wanted to talk to him about inducing me sometime next week.

He checked me and didn't scrape my membranes, I don't know if just like to do that or what but he just didn't. I'm still only a 2 (which made me really mad) and 75% effaced. The baby is pretty low, so that was nice.

I've heard that my doctor does not like to induce women, he likes them to go into labor naturally. So I was really surprised when he asked me if I would like to be induce, I didn't even have to ask. And I answer, "Yes please!" So I left my last doctor's appointment and am scheduled to be induced next Thursday. I only have one week left, hooray!!! There is hope! What makes it even better, my mom gets here Wednesday afternoon. So here's to my last week of pregnancy!!!


In other news, we went to Kanyon's award assembly today and he got the high honor roll award (all A's), yay for him!

6 comments:

Lowell Legacy:) said...

Braelen was my longest pregnancy too and I was induced at 39 weeks. When she was born, I found out why I went that long. The cord was wrapped tightly around one shoulder and kept her from dropping low enough--she finally had to be sucked out. Your pregnancy is much like mine was--hard to have to go that extra week with contractions. It'll be worth the wait though.

Danielle said...

Yay! I'm excited for you to meet your little girl! And be done being pregnant! Say hi to your mom for me :)

The Fischer Family said...

I had Brianna on her due date (after 8 weeks of preterm labor!!!!) and Jonah I was induced at 40 weeks and 1 day. Micah was the only one of mine who came early and I was induced b/c he wasn't growing! Enjoy this last week of being pregnant! I know it's frustrating...but in the end it's best for your little princess! Lots of love!

Kiley said...

Best of luck with your last week of pregnancy! Bringing home a baby sister for those cute boys will be great!

Joe and Cassie said...

Good luck!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby girl!!!

Yea for Kanyon!!! What a little smartypants! :)

Kori said...

Wahoo! We're so excited for this new little baby to join the Newton Zoo!