Thursday, March 5, 2009
I just couldn't wait any longer
The weather is beautiful today, 80 degrees with a slight breeze to cool you off. So I couldn't resist going on a run. Keyne's not quite 6 weeks but I figured what's going to change in the next few days. I went 3 miles and it was pretty good, I was tired at the end. I tend to forget that I just had a baby and that I'm not in high school anymore, so I'm not going to go as quick as I did the last time I ran. About 1/2 mile into it, I got reminded why I HATE dogs. All the times that I have run, I have never been chased by a dog. Usually they leave you alone when you turn the other way, not these dogs. They just kept on coming. I panicked, I knew that I wasn't going to be able to out run them, so I figured that I would cross the street. Luckily there was no one coming on my side of the street, because looking for cars didn't cross my mind at the moment. So I was able to cross the street safely and I just went the other way. I'm not going to go that way again anytime soon! It felt so good just to get out and exercise again, even though I am going to be feeling it tomorrow, it was nice. Half marathon or marathon here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
80 degrees in March? Forget Chicago - I want to move to Kansas:)
You guys should move to Kansas, it's the happening place to be:)
What? 80 degrees?? We got 4 inches of snow this week. Definitely did not run.
You are superwoman!!
Ok, well one of the reasons I hate dogs is when Dallas attacked you at Karen Hales' house (and then bit me on the bum) and Mindy almost eating me alive. I'm glad you got out of there though without being eaten or hit by a car. I like these posts about you. Hope to run with you again sometime soon :)
Congrats on the run! Sounds like fun!
Post a Comment