In other news, we have been going to several meetings for Kanyon's speech. At first they thought that he would just need speech group, which meets once a week for an hour. Well when he was retested, they learned that he has a lot of sound errors. He is understandable for the most part, he just defaults to a "w" sound when he can't say another letter. Well they suggested having him go to the early childroom classroom, so we went on Wednesday for them to observe him in the classroom. They were very impressed with him, they think that he will add a lot to the classroom because he has many skills that the other kids can learn from. They said he is like one of the peer students with some sound errors. So hopefully soon, Kanyon is going to be going to school 4 times a week for 2 1/2 hours, yay! I'll miss him, but after these last few weeks I think it's the best for both of us :).
Friday, March 13, 2009
We are getting out of here!
Well we are finally better and are getting out of the house. I'm really glad that it only lasted 24 hours for me, so I could continue to take care of the boys. It has been a long week though, Kanyon is going crazy from lack of structure and activities. Both boys have just wanted to go outside and play, but we are actually having cold days here and so that wasn't an option. So we have been going to the library, McDonalds and one of my favorites, stores. There have been some really good coupons online lately for diapers, and so I have made frequent trips to Walgreens. I ended up getting 12 packs of jumbo diapers for about $65. I love getting a good deal, it just brightens my day :). I think that the people at Walgreens are sick of me though, not that I agrue or cause problems... it's just the kids, they knock down things all the time. Tomorrow I'm going to go to Target and get stocked up on Applesauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man! I love to get a good deal too! Good for you. I'm glad to hear you can get out again. Isn't the library the best? Good luck with Kanyon. I'm sure he will do well. He has smart parents!
Post a Comment