After the race, we went to our zoo and picked up some little backpacks for free. They had little goodies for a losing weight campaign going on. Then we went to Main Street for the Fiesta Day parade. It was actually a lot of fun, we didn't go last year so it was a surprise how big of deal it is. The boys got lots of candy and Keyne loved watching everyone come by. The missionaries were even in the parade! I love that our town has so many festivities, it's fun to go out and enjoy them.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Fiesta Run
Since I did poorly in my half marathon, I decided to run a 10K this weekend to redeem myself. My legs are still sore from the half, but the race went much better. My body didn't stop and I even ended with a kick. I was able to run it in 52:15 and I got third place. My two goals going in was to run around 50 minutes and be in the top three. One out of two isn't too bad! I'm glad that I ran it, I got my confidence back. Plus, it only cost $13 and I got shirt, a free drink coupon, a cup, a coupon for free Papa John's pizza and a medal. The boys came and watched me finish and then we had our own "race" down the street. Kanyon even wore my number and they both got medals (mine from the past two races).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go, Kaysi! I really admire your dedication! We are lucky to live in a ommunity now that does lots of fun stuff too- and it is amazing how big of a deal they are! Sounds like a lot of fun!
That's awesome. Congrats :) I pretty much decided to completely take the weekend off. Almost as exciting.
Wow! You're a running machine! How the heck do you do it??? My body would break after 2 miles..and I definitely would not be placing anywhere close to 3rd! Good job!
Post a Comment