Monday evening I was sitting in bed watching HGTV (this is never good :)!) and saw a nice kitchen. It wasn't super big, but I noticed that it was nice and open. I have been wanting to change our kitchen for quite some time, moving cabinets and painting them. Well I got out the tape measurer and starting thinking about what we could do with the cabinets. Terry and I both agreed (yay!) that it would be nice to take down some cabinets to open up the bar area. He said that we could do it on Saturday.
Well if you know me, then you know that I of course thought about this constantly and didn't want to wait until the weekend to do it. So while Terry was in Laramie, I emptied the cabinets and rearrange our dishes to fit (we lost two cabinets). When Terry got back from Laramie last night, he agreed to take them down with me. It went so smoothly and didn't take much time at all. I had to paint but that was simple. By far one of the easiest, quickest and cheapest projects we have done! Now it time to paint the cabinets :)
Here is the kitchen when we moved in, as you can see you cannot see into the dining room.
The cabinets are gone and it really opens up the room.
I'm so excited to be in the kitchen and be able to look at my kids at the bar or the table instead of having to bend down and talk to them under the cabinets.
8 comments:
You are so crafty! Nice job. It looks really great.
I would rethink painting the cabinets--once you've gone there, you can't go back. I like the color they are. They actually look really nice in the pics.
It looks great. Nice job. I wish I had more cabinets in my kitchen. It does really open it up.
I LOVE it! It looks awsome.
Wow, I love, love, love it! That does make such a big difference! Good job!
I think it is awesome! It should open it up and make everything a lot more light! Good Job Guys!!
kaysi, your house is SO CUTE!
i wanna come sit it!
-jazzzz
kaysi, your house is SO CUTE!
i wanna come sit it!
-jazzzz
Post a Comment