Thursday, March 18, 2010

Overwhelmed

Do you ever have one week where you do a ton, have a lot of energy, happy as can be and then the next week you get nothing done, have no motivation and just blah?? Well that happens to me all the time. One week can be crazy but I just get through it with no problem and the next week I may not have anything going but just be blah. Last week I did a ton and this week, nothing. I am just overwhelmed this week.
There so many things on my mind:
- a wedding I'm decorating for
-scrapbooks that I keep getting further behind on
-cleaning
-cooking
-teaching my kids
-playing with my kids
-tax season
-my craft blog
-this blog
-coupons
-church calling
-doing crafts
-and so much more
I like to keep myself busy and always have something to do so I don't get "bored" but sometimes it's just too much and I can't handle it. Hopefully this will pass soon and I can just get back to my normal self.

5 comments:

Matt and Jess said...

You don't think you get a lot done?! I'm amazed at how much you get done and with three kids and your husband working long hours. I don't have half of your list and I still can't get them done!

The Fischer Family said...

I think every mom can relate to this! I know I've been feeling like this lately about the house. I really need to get it organized so I decided to take each room, dedicate a week to it, and do what I can when I can. So do the same thing, each day, do what you can and be happy. Maybe even make a list of EVERYTHING you do each day for a week (even down to brushing your teeth and every diaper you change!) You'll be amazed how much you really do!

Danielle said...

Such is the life of a good Mom. That's just how it is :)I've embraced it. This week I was going to try to "relax" a bit. It's just not my personality. I'm always doing something. That's what makes me happy and not "bored".

Anna Beal said...

You seem like a normal mom to me! :)

Pat Newton said...

The only advice I can give, IF you want advice--, is now you have a list; do one thing on it, make a big check mark and skip the rest unless they have a dead line. OR put them in alphabetaical order, set the timer for x amount of minutes (5 - 60, whatever you have)then do the "A" one for that amount of time, and when you have another block of time, set the timer again and go to "B". OR there are some days you need to just throw away the list and do something you really want to do, like read a book or go shopping or sleep.