Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Quality Family Time

Yesterday was a beautiful day!! The weather was just prefect! So from 5:30 to 8:30 last night, we got to spend time outside, together as a family. Too bad it wasn't on purpose....

Since it was such a nice day last night, we decided to eat dinner outside. It was so nice. Just a pleasant meal together. Well Terry and I were still eating, the boys decided to play. Tyce was playing with the sliding door, with the little latch that locks it. We told him to close the door so bugs would get in. We didn't realize that when he closed it, we wouldn't be getting in either!!

We were locked out of the house. We like to keep the front door locked when we're at home so the boys don't go outside, so it was locked and so was the garage door. Our phones, keys and shoes were in the house. So Terry tried to get into a window that wasn't locked but no luck. Then for about an hour he tried to unlock the garage door. With a butter knife and rock, he worked and worked at it but it wouldn't budge.

Finally we decided to go to the neighbor's house and call a lock smith.(we should have done this much earlier). We called them and then waited for them to show up. 45 minutes later, I called them back and they had forgotten about us!! I was so irritated! When he came finally, he got us in. But no sorry or anything. It was just annoying. I was so glad to get back inside!

Luckily the boys had fun outside. The weather was nice and it was fun for them. By the end they were just tired and getting cold. I was getting sick of being outside and just ready to go in and relax. I know that boys were excited to go in too. Next time, we are going to have a spare key in a safe spot so this won't happen again!

3 comments:

Dennis said...

Don't you just love when you do really dumb things like that? But they make great stories later on. Glad it was nice outside and you didn't have to break a window.

Joe and Cassie said...

What a pain!! I can't believe the locksmith forgot about you guys!! But - at least you did get some nice quality time together... :)

Matt and Jess said...

Maybe you'll think it's funny in a little while! Good thing it was nice weather and your boys enjoyed it so much!