Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Being a Mom is just plain hard!

*Warning* there will probably be complaining....

Does anyone ever just get sick of their kids??  Well I do, a little more than I would like to admit.  Right now, Kanyon just plain annoys me.  For the past month he hasn't had the structure that he needs and so he wants me to entertain him.  Every 10 minutes he asks me what we are going to do.  And when he doesn't like the answer he cries and runs into my room.  Well because he is bored he has been getting into a lot more trouble (3 out of the 4 curtains that I have put up have now been pulled down, rod and all).  So more crying happens and I get to listen to him say "Daddy" over and over again.  At least once a day he tells me, "I don't want you, I want Daddy."  And I"m not going to lie, it really hurts to hear that over and over again.  Recently I thought that he was going to be going to school but on Monday I found out that that is not going to happen.  They said that he is too advanced and that his speech isn't bad enough to be in the classroom.  Here I thought that preschool was going to be taken care of, but now it's not and I have to try to register for one.  

Tyce is having major separation anxiety and hasn't gone to nursery seen Keyne has been born.  Whenever we go to playgroup, he spends most of the time sitting on my lap.  Because Kanyon has been bored it seems like they fight more often and just cause chaos.  Tyce is your typical 2 year old, doesn't listen whatsoever.  So whenever we go anywhere, I seems like I am carrying Tyce in one arm and Keyne in his carsear in the other ( I should have some buff arms soon).  And if I just let him walk, he will run way ahead of me or is too slow and Kanyon is way ahead.  No wonder I just don't want to go anywhere with all three kids.

Keyne is so sweet, but sometimes I just don't want to see his face as often in the middle of the night.  Someday I'll have a baby that sleeps well in the night.  The other night I was up for 3 hours with Keyne and Tyce and then up again with Keyne for another hour.  Things just don't go well when I don't have as much sleep as I need.  

Is it too much to ask for to get an hour by myself?  With Kanyon and Tyce not taking naps at all, it doesn't happen very often.  I do have them do quiet time so I can get something done, but it's never quiet and my basement never looks good afterwards.   Sometimes I think to myself, "what was I thinking having kids so close together, it's hard."  Hopefully as time goes on, it will get easier and I will love having them so close in age.    

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow, Kaysi! I know how you feel! I don't have the same troubles...but the troubles I do have are more than enough for me. I'm sorry that you are having a tough time...I can totally relate to the "Daddy" preference thing...it does hurt! Hang in there...I'm not past it yet either, but "they" keep telling me someday we'll miss this...I just think "they" are too old to remember ;)

Britni said...

Definitely not too much to ask. Hopefully things will slow after tax season...right?

Trish said...

I feel like I could have written this and just switched the names! I've felt the same way a lot of times and wondered what I was thinking having kids so close together. I keep thinking that it's just so intense because this stage is all crammed into a few years instead of spread out over ten. :o) I hope so anyway!

Newton 5 said...

Yeah, I hate kids! Boo!

Danielle said...

What a nightmare. How do you cope? I'm sure the more you suffer and put up with things the more you'll be blessed in the end though. Tough it out! Things will get better, so I've heard. Also, buff arms can't be a bad thing as long as they're not body builder arms....

Anna Beal said...

Amen! Amen! Aaaaamen!
I hear ya. In fact. I'm tempted to be done with number 3. You should tell Terry that you need a girls night once a week and that he needs to find a couple hours one evening to do that.

Lance and Christa said...

I totally understand. I have been there. I agree people who say that we will miss it just don't remember it as it happened with all the screaming and crying.

It gets better when they get older and are in school. Wait I take that back then they get attitudes and think that only dad knows anything.

Then you go and have twins and start all over again. The buff arms(carring two babies) the whining and the attitudes of the older ones to go on top of it.
But also all the fun times and the cute things that they say!!! That is what makes up for it all.

Cari said...

AMEN! Bless you for continuing to have children after the first one :)