Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Creativity

My boys are constantly pretending. That's all the do right now and have several different roles. Tyce usually just plays along, but Kanyon is definitely the ring leader. They are constantly changing games, it's hard to keep up. One day they were pretending to be missionaries and Kanyon's name was Joe. Another day they were playing school and one of them was the teacher and the other one was Adam (a boy from our ward that goes to the same school that Kanyon will go to). Quite frequently they play house, switching from Mom to Dad. At least three times a day I respond to "Mom!" and they aren't talking to me. It is so fun to watch them play!

This morning Kanyon put a little ball in a glasses case and then would shake it up. He pretended that is was a can of spray paint and painted everything that was the color of the glasses case.

Kanyon decided to make a rocket ship with his blocks and pretending to fly. He would say "roger this" and "roger that" it was hilarious. Notice the color coordination, he has always put blocks into patterns like this.

4 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

I love it when those imaginations kick in! So much fun- and so much less entertaining you have to do!!!

Danielle said...

Your kids are so awesome! I love them! Can't get enough. I love how you do so many great posts. Where do you find the time? I guess you have more since your project ban. I don't think I could handle a project ban. I'd go crazy.

Kimberly said...

How fun! I agree...I love that even Bailey plays pretend! It's amazing to see what connections they make and what their sweet little minds come up with!

Newton 5 said...

There were some weird comments in here?!? Where?