Saturday, August 1, 2009

A good spontaneous decision

I am a very spontaneous person, most of my projects or things I do are done because one day I decided that would be a good thing to do. Well on Monday, just out the of blue, I decided that I wanted to do a garage sale. And of course, I had to do it this weekend because I hate ongoing projects/things that linger in my head. I really just wanted to get rid of things that are cluttering my house. I do not like clutter, I don't like too many things in a room or on the wall. I also wanted to redeem myself. I bought a microwave hood last weekend at a garage sale, it is actually pretty nice but we soon learn that it would cost a lot more, and be a lot more work to put in. So I really wanted to sell that, so I didn't waste money on something that I didn't use. I figured that the garage sale would be worth it if I just got ride of that.

So I spent the week going through all of our things. I wanted to get rid of the boys' clothes because it seems like I always get them new clothes and they don't need 50 shirts. We also let the boys pick out some toys to get rid of, I wanted to get rid of several big toys. Then they got the money from the toys and got to buy new toys. So anyway, for the amount of time and for the amount of things we got rid of, we did awesome! We sold most of everything in 3 hours, all of the big toys and other big items were sold and a good chunk out of the clothes sold. We made over $200 and the boys got $35 to spend on new toys. So I'm really glad that I did it, I got rid of lots of things that were in storage and now have some more garage sale money for me :)

3 comments:

Kori said...

Two hundred buckaroos? You must have nice stuff. Wish I would've gone to your garage sale!

Danielle said...

Thats awesome! I need to have a garage sale!

Britni said...

You're funny. I'm the kind of person who comes up with this great idea, starts, and never finishes. Hence the messes from my "projects" all over our place.