Sunday, August 2, 2009

Home Improvement Ban

I'm sure that several of you have realize that I do a lot of "projects. " Well the month of July I went a little overboard. I stained my piano, painted the entry way, made a 52 page scrapbook for one of Terry's coworkers, put on a garage sale and painted Kanyon's bed. That's only the things that I did and Terry is always doing things outside, trimming trees and taking care of the yard. Well we decided that we are putting a ban on doing anything home improvement in the month of August. It's going to be tough for me, I really want to continue painting and getting all the trim white, but we all need a break from the craziness of painting. That means that I'm not even going to go into Home Depot, so there won't be a temptation! I know that I am going to be tempted to start painting something, I have a whole list of things that I want to do. But I'm going to be strong and take a much needed break. Maybe I will be able to finish some other things that I have been wanting to do but have been put onto the back burner for awhile. Wish me luck, because I know that I am going to have a hard time :)

4 comments:

Anna Beal said...

Good luck! You really should save all that stuff for the winter! Time to get outside :)

The Merkleys said...

Home Depot is so addicting. I love going in there. I just wish I had more $$ when I go. You are so ambitious I love it but need to take lessons from you!

Matt and Jess said...

Wow, you can come to my house and redo my stuff for me! I saw all your pictures of your make-over, and I love your new entry way and bathroom. Those are such fun colors!

The Fischer Family said...

Ha ha! This sounds like us! I feel like we spend every weekend working on something for the house- this weekend it was the garage and the new office space. Neither are completely finished yet, but I can't put a "ban" into place until they are! I wish you luck! It would drive me crazy too!