Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I had a doctor's appointment today and I am going to be 27 weeks tomorrow (yay for third trimester!) It wasn't the greatest experience in the world though. I got to the one hour glucose test and didn't know about it. So I had Tyce with me and told Terry not to come to the appointment. Poor Tyce was so bored, but he did a good job for the most part. I don't know about everyone else, but that drink sure doesn't make me feel very good, which doesn't help with being there for an hour or longer.

Well I got my blood pressure checked and it's 130/78, not horrible, but not good either. I have always had blood pressure issues with both boys, but they usually start a lot later than this. So that got me concerned because I know that I was at least 30 weeks with Tyce before it started to creep up. So now I get to go in every two weeks to make sure that my pressure is fine and not going up too much. I fear bed rest is going to be the result of all this and I don't know what I will do if they put me on bed rest... just the thought of it stresses me out!

I did get another ultrasound today. It's always fun to see the baby and watch him move, instead of just feeling it. He is still a boy and looks normal. To my surprise, he is breech. So hopefully gravity will kick in and soon he will start heading down.

All in all I'm doing just fine, I feel fine. The more kids that I have the more I realize that my body doesn't like pregnancy. Hopefully these next few months will go super fast!

2 comments:

Anna Beal said...

Just mentioning that "drink" made my stomache turn. Mycah was breach too, so I did all these crazy things to get her to turn...it must have worked because she eventually turned. Scarry stuff though...I really didn't want the Dr. to turn her manually.

Britni said...

My friend just took her first glucose test, and it was the first time I'd ever heard about it. Sounds gross.