Friday, November 7, 2008

Smart Boys

Recently I have been working with Kanyon and his letters. We never get through the whole alphabet because I lose his attention when he doesn't understand. I have been so impressed with him though. He knows several letters and knows what they can spell. He knows that K is for Kanyon, T is for Tyce, D is for Daddy and M is for Mommy. He is also starting to write some of his letters. He writes all of the letters that he knows from memory and I can copy the other ones. We only get to L or M before he gets bored, so maybe next time I will have to work from there to get the rest of them in.

Tyce is starting to recognize shapes. I was so surprised when I drew a circle and he knew what it was. He knows circle, square, triangle and star. I love watching his little mind work when he's trying to remember something or figure something out. I'm so grateful that both of my boys are smart and that they both enjoy learning!

No comments: