Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunbeams and Nursery

My little boy is in Sunbeams! I cannot believe how big Kanyon is getting, but today was his first day in primary. I knew that he would have no problem going and would do great, he's just that kind of kid. He looked so little sitting in the chairs and singing. Luckily his whole class are all of his close friends and so he will be very excited about going each week.

Tyce on the other hand wasn't too pleased about Kanyon going into primary. He did not want to go into nursery whatsoever. When I left he started crying and didn't stop until I came and got him, to relieve the teachers. It was so sad, the first thing he said to me when we were walking out was, "Where did Kanyon go?" It about broke my heart, he was just so sad that he doesn't have his brother in there anymore. I don't blame him at all for not wanting to go to nursery, it seems like he gets pushed or scratched everytime... it's just not fun for him. I don't know how to make him like nursery and want to go.

3 comments:

jamminjensen said...

Jocie did very well going into primary today! She was a little hesitant at first, but she got the hang of things quickly! Lizzie didn't seem to care at all that Jocie wasn't there, which surprises me a lot. She's just our littl free spirit! The thing that I need to work on, and maybe this will help Tyce, is to give Lizzie the chance to make her own friends. I think that I'm going to start letting her play with kids more her age while Jocie is at pre-school. We'll see how it goes:) ~Bean

Carrie said...

That is so sad!!:( That is cute that he loves being in nursery with his brother. Hopefully it won't last long, and he will start to enjoy it. Scout didn't like it at first, but she had a great teacher that would come right over and take her from me, and make Scout her "special helper" and now Scout loves it.

Sharee said...

I felt so bad for little Tyce on Sunday. There was no consoling him, though. Sorry that Nursery is no fun for him...I'd be the same way though if I was getting scratched and pushed every time I went.