Thursday, January 29, 2009

A story of a name

Everyone asks us how we come up with names, and usually I just tell them that we heard it somewhere and just liked it. That's really wasn't how it was with Keyne. When we found out we were pregnant, I really thought it was a girl. So when we were coming up with names, we really didn't think much of the boy name. We knew a little boy in Laramie named Kache and we decided that we liked that name and figured if it was going to be a boy, that would be a good name for him. I was pretty set on it and was planning on using it.


Well around the end of November, I really felt like I needed to look for another name and I was having doubts about the name Kache. I liked it a lot but didn't love it. So that got online and started searching some names. I passed the word keen and immediately liked it. I told Terry it and he said that he didn't mind it. Ever since was young (grade school) I have loved the word keen, especially when put with peachy :), you can say it is my favorite word. It's just a good word. I of course wanted to make the spelling unique and put a Y in it (all of our names have y's).


As the week went on, I was really debating between the two names, I just wasn't sure what name I wanted to use. I got my answer soon though, Kori had her baby and named him Nash... Kache and Nash are a little too close for my liking. So I was glad to have my answer, and never doubted it after that.


The middle name comes from Terry's side (we like to use family names for middle names) and we really like how it flows. When we said it, we immediately thought about King James and how he might be called Lebron, but it didn't matter because it just sounded good.


Here are a few pictures from the last few days, I just can't not take pictures... I have taken over 200 the past 4 days :) Tyce has really warmed up to Keyne, he likes to pet his head and asks about him frequently. I was pretty surprised that he even acknowledged him in the first place.

Keyne's first sponge bath... well afterwards. He cried through the whole thing, but was quite content once we wrap him in the towel.




Kanyon in Terry's pants... he just so badly wants to be like his dad, I can't blame him, Terry's a good guy!

5 comments:

Dani said...

He's so cute and we have that outfit with the lion on it in 9 month - Keyne makes the lion look HUGE to me! Your boys are cute and I'm glad everyone is adjusting!

Lisa said...

That is such a neat story! I love your boys' names! Such cute pics too Kaysi!

Jennifer said...

He is toooo cute!!!!

Carrie said...

He is so cute I can't get over it!! I really do love his name, but you know me I am all about unique names!!

Newton 5 said...

I went through a similar thought process with Tylin sounding like Caylin and Braelen, but the accent is on the lin part so it sounds a bit different :)