Saturday, June 13, 2009

Babies, Babies and more babies

Our ward recently has had a LOT of babies. Since January there have been 7 babies and there are 2 women due in the next month and one more in October. It may not sound a whole lot to people that have huge wards, like in UT, but our ward only has about 150 active members, so it's a lot. With all of these babies, there have been lots of showers. I usually give the "odd" gift, I usually make thank you cards and little photo boxes or scrapbooks. I make 20 thank you cards for each person, times that by 10 and that's 200 cards.... let's just say I'm getting a little sick of making them. Anyway, with all the baby showers that we have been having I thought that it was my turn to help out. So we had one for my friend Jamie at my house this morning. Besides that fact that the two of us doing it just had babies recently and 3 kids... so there fore we just weren't all there ( I blew up a balloon and then threw it away) it went really well. We played "Password" and "Pictionary" and had some yummy brunch foods. Here is the cute decorations... I didn't do it but I thought it was a fun idea!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm always amazed at what moms with multiple kids can do! What a great idea to make them thank-you cards. You're a neat lady Kaysi.

Matt and Jess said...

Wow, I wish my ward was like that! we have only 3 babies and 90% of our members are over 65!