Monday, June 15, 2009

Our new callings

Ever since our ward got a new bishopric in June last year, there have been a lot of changes and it seems like they like to change it up over and over again. Well Terry and I both got new callings this past couple of weeks. Terry got called as a the executive secretary. He gets to go to lots of meetings and poor Kanyon is going to miss him greatly. It hasn't been too bad so far. I was actually able to get to church, have food in the crockpot going and make the boys lunch all before 9:15 (our ward doesn't start until 10) this Sunday. Luckily I have an amazing husband that gets the boys showered and dressed before he leaves.

Next my calling, I am the new primary chorister. I was a little nervous first about this calling. It's one of those callings that you always have something to do each week, you have to get a sub if your gone, you have to prepare.... it's a pretty demanding calling. But after sitting in during primary and watching the kids, I got really excited about it. I immediately went home and started planning on what I was going to do for next week. I went through the folder that was in the closest and found lots of fun things to do. It should be a lot of fun. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get senior boys to sing, let me know because I can already tell that they are going to be a challenge!

3 comments:

Britni said...

When you say chorister, do you mean like the singing time lady or the person who who plays the piano and just leads them in singing? Is there a difference?

Danielle said...

How great! Sounds like perfect callings for both of you. Good luck in them. Try to give the older boys a 'manly' part they can sing alone. It makes them feel important and grown up and everyone will know if they're not singing so they'll be embarrassed.

Sharee said...

Hey Congrats on your new calling you will do an awesome job! I have some websites I can refer you to that offer great helps. If you would like them just let me know.